Simple and easy to make, yet brimming with rich, complex flavor, this meal makes an impressive go-to for a hearty holiday dish. Really want to wow your diners? Go fully from scratch when you combine 1 egg, 2 cups of flour and 2 mashed potatoes, knead for 5 minutes then roll out your own homemade gnocchi. Not a fan of gnocchi? Feel free to sub in your favorite pasta. Either way, follow this recipe and you’ll be enjoying a gourmet stunner in about 15 minutes.
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ lb 21/25 shrimp, defrosted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Place a medium sized pot over medium heat. Melt the butter, then add the sage leaves to the pan and sear on each side for 2 minutes until the leaves are crispy.
- Remove the sage from the pan and place it to the side. Add the garlic, thyme, and mushrooms to the pan and sauteé for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and bring it to a simmer. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Add the shrimp to the cream sauce, then cook for 4 minutes. Add the gnocchi to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the gnocchi and shrimp and top with the crispy sage leaves.