Smoky, buttery and with just the right amount of heat, this delicious fish makes a fine complement to anything from a classic dirty rice, to grits, or even tossed in a hoagie with some veggies and hot sauce for a unique take on a po’ boy. However you eat it, this quick recipe is sure to liven up seafood night with some classic Louisiana flair.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb North Carolina trout fillets
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Combine the butter, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice, then stir.
- Brush the butter mixture on the bottom of an oven-safe pan. Place the trout in the pan, then brush the fillets with the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the trout filets with Cajun seasoning. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes.